PALMER — The Palmer Courthouse has been closed to the public since Jan. 4 due to water damage caused by burst pipes.
The closure was extended Friday, Jan. 7 due to continued efforts to repair the facility. It was extended once again Wednesday, Jan. 12 so repairs can be made, according to an update from the Alaska Court System.
Palmer and Anchorage judges are remotely handling emergency court matters like domestic violence protective orders, emergency Child in Need of Aid (CINA) cases, emergency delinquency matters, search warrants, and arraignments.
All non-emergency proceedings are suspended at this time. They will be rescheduled and notices will be sent to parties or their attorneys.
According to the press release, the official reopen date has not been determined.
Facilities staff will be able to plan for repairs after the initial drying phase will go through the week.
For updates on the current status of the Palmer Courthouse, visit the Alaska Court System Facebook page or Twitter account, or the main website at courts.alaska.gov.
For general inquiries, email filings, and copy requests, email the Palmer Court:
· General Inquiries — 3PAMailbox@akcourts.gov
· Any Civil, Probate, CINA, DV, Delinquency case filings — 3PACivil@akcourts.gov
· Copy Requests Filings — 3PACopyRequests@akcourts.gov
· Jury Filings — 3PAJury@akcourts.gov
· Mental Commitment Filings — 3PAMC@akcourts.gov
· New Criminal Filings — 3PACriminal@akcourts.gov
· Traffic and Minor Offense Filings — 3PATraffic@akcourts.gov
Domestic Violence petitions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic Violence petitions after business hours can be sent to the Anchorage Court at ANC_dv@akcourts.gov.